Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Winter

Ok, I'll be the first to admit I am not a winter person. I wish I could just curl up and hibernate from January through to mid April.

There is almost nothing I like about winter: it's cold, dark, and just makes life in general difficult (and I've convinced myself that winter is the result of sinful man, but that's another story).

But I have realized something: I think all my reasons for not liking winter is the difficulty it causes for getting around. If I never had to go anywhere, it'd be fine. I wouldn't have to worry about putting on 12 layers of clothes just to go to my truck. I wouldn't have to adjust my schedule to driving conditions. I wouldn't have to worry about slipping when I go for a run. Winter has become more of an inconvenience more than anything else to me. It just gets in the way of what I need to get done.

When put in this context, winter is much more manageable. On a day like today when it's -10, but clear and sunny, winter isn't so bad. Although I still wish it was +25 and sunny. But those days will be back soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home