Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas Music

Christmas is one of my most favourite times of the year. Why? I love the music that celebrates the birth of our Lord and Saviour. This is some of the greatest music ever written, except for maybe Easter music.

But one of the things that drives me nuts is some of the "fluff" Christmas music. You know what I mean. The overplayed sap that just gets on your nerves every time you hear it.

So I've come up with two lists. First, the Top Four Christmas songs I hate the most (I'm sure I could come up with more), and then a listing of some of my favourite Christmas Songs.


Top 4 Worst Christmas Songs:
#4: The Little Drummer Boy
#3: Old Toy Trains (Old toy trains, little toy tracks, little boys toys . . . etc)
#2: The Christmas Shoes
#1: So This is Christmas.

Favourite Christmas Songs (in no particular order):
Joseph's Lullaby - Mercy Me
The First Noel
O Holy Night
O Come All Ye Faithful
Worthy is the Lamb & Amen from Handel's Messiah (I know those parts are for Easter, but it's most often performed at Christmas)
Joy to the World
My Heart Would be Your Bethlehem - the Gaither Vocal Band
Praetorius' Mass for Christmas Morning
Magnificat - Bach or Buxtehude
In Dulci Ubilo - Praetorius
Grown Up Christmas List

Additions:
I Heard the Bells - Mercy Me (12/5/06)

anything to add?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, Little toy trains, Old toy trucks is probably my favourite christmas song....other than that, I agree with you....
kris

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home