Friday, November 24, 2006

Leon's

Does anyone else hate the Leon's commercials? They're annoying and sound incredibly cheap. And the girl on the new Christmas one is so over the top cute it makes me want to puke. Maybe it's because all their money is tied up in holding accounts for their delayed pament programs. All I know is that Leon's is quickly going the way of Marineland: one more place I will never go specifically because their commercials are so bad and a company that I hope will go bankrupt simply so I don't have to see their commercials any more.

As an aside: are there any companies that you don't like because of their commercials?

4 Comments:

Blogger peccles said...

I just thought of another: there was a dishwasher detergent commercial in the 80's where they tested another company's detergent by putting a sealed container filled with macaroni in the dishwasher and showed how the other detergent baked the macaron. Then they scraped out the dish and put the empty container in the dishwasher to show how their detergent used the heat to clean the dish. Now it did a good job, but how is the other detergent supposed to clean a SEALED container?

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok. I must protest about the Marine Land comment. I went to bible college with the girl that, when she was like 5, sang the Marine Land theme song for the commercial. besides - Everyone loves Marine Land! I do admit that the newer ones, with the changed words, are lacking.

Just recently, they (whoever that is) started using the old Raisin Bran commercial - there's two scoops of raisins in Kellogs Raisin Bran! nostalgia - gets ya every time

Anyway, I agree - the Leon's commercial is awful.

and I'm not a fan of the energizer rabbit

and the Tim Hortons breakfast sandwich commercial is dumb

10:19 AM  
Blogger peccles said...

really? I thought the one redeeming factor of Marine Land was their newer commercials. I was in University before I new there was a place called Friendship Cove.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry but i love that Leon's commercial! That girl is the cutest ever! Altho i will admit at least half of everyone i know thinks i'm nuts.

Leon's splits the ranks - people love them or hate em.

I love marineland for the song- but the commercial does suck.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home