Thursday, March 23, 2006

This is your life: Are you who you want to be?

This is a line from one of my current favourite songs by Switchfoot. I like it because it causes me to think about who I am and who I want to be. If I'm not, what am I going to do to make myself better. Or, in other words: This is my life, am I who God wants me to be? Obviously I cannot fully become who God wants me to be because I am a sinner. But it is a point to strive for. So, If I'm not who God wants me to be, what am I going to do about it?

I like to read articles on Bodybuilding.com (a very useful site with lots of information). This week's "Transformation of the Week" (a weekly article showing someone's improvements and how it was accomplished) started with the quote "Don't complain about anything, just do what you can to improve the situation."

I've noticed that I tend to be a complainer (or "whiner" as my grade 4 teacher, Mrs Deibold, called me). In reality, this is not my nature. I just tend to go on more about things that I don't like than on stuff I do. It's like news: "Good news travels, Bad news travels faster." I like to try to find the good in all things, because there must be a reason for it. But I don't always show this in the way I act. God has a purpose for everyone, it's up to us to acknowledge this and go forward.

So, this being said, I don't like being a complainer, it is not who I want to be. I will try to complain less, and do what I can (with God's help) to improve the situation. This is who I want to be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home