Thursday, July 20, 2006

A Couple New Things . . .

I haven't posted for a while, so decided to post on a couple new things in my life:

First of all, I have a new toy:




















Looks something like this. I've never played guitar before, so it's something new. It also brings the realization that I have chubby fingers. So far I can mangle . . . I mean play about 6 chords. Now if only I could master transitioning between them without stopping the song.

Second new thing: I've accepted a part time position as Music Director with Knox United Church in Durham. I've only taken it for a couple Sundays a month since it's tough to commit to being there every Sunday when I live in Stoney Creek. Plus if any of you know me very well, you'll know that I have some issues with the United Church on the national level. That being said, I'm looking forward to a new challenge there, and it will give me a chance to develop my skills as an organist and as a conductor. I've missed playing for regular worship services; it's a different feeling to be praising God musically while leading worship. I consider it an honour that God has given me the ability to praise Him through music, and it brings so much joy to share this with others. It's also a coming home of sorts in that it has been the church of my Mother's family for three generations.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Congrats Peccles, that's really cool. Also, let me know how the guitar mangling goes :)

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home