Thursday, October 04, 2007

Leaving

To those of you that don't already know, I will be leaving Hamilton. I'm moving back up north to be closer to family and work on the farm. While it will be disappointing to close a chapter in my life, I'm looking forward to moving on and exploring what God has in store for me.

I have been planning this for some time now, since about March or April of this year. My original target date was the end of August, but since my employer has not found a replacement and I do not have another job to move on to, I've agreed to stay until the end of October. Turkstra has been good to me (for the most part), and I want to leave them in a good place rather than a hole that they have to recover from.
I will miss having the gym at Redeemer close by, the beautiful waterfront and escarpment trails, and the all night grocery stores.

I'll also miss being close to friends who have meant so much to me, and have played a big part in the man I am today. Surprisingly, it was the decision to being away from these people that was the hardest one to make. However, considering that most of them I only see once or twice a month anyway, I figures I could still see them on weekends and days off.

So, farewell to the fair Hamilton. Think of me breathing the fresher air of Grey County, milking cows and eating steak.

If you're in the area, come visit me at the intersection of Southgate Road 22 and Grey Road 23, Southgate Township.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home